In the period between January and March 2021, the activities of the Italian Association of Myology were reduced due to the pandemic related to SARS-CoV-2.
The activities concerned two web meetings with the Regional Representatives of the Association, and the organization of webinars on topics discussed within the Advisory Board and addressed to general practitioners, neurologists, pediatricians, physiotherapists, nurses. These events are listed below with their respective dates:
– May 6-7, 2021: Hereditary neuromuscular diseases: management in developmental age and continuity of care in adulthood;
– May 20, 2021: Muscular dystrophies with infantile and late onset;
– May 27, 2021: Metabolic myopathies with childhood and late onset;
– June 10, 2021: Spinal muscle atrophies;
– June 17, 2021: Autoimmune diseases of the muscle and of the neuromuscular junction, in childhood and adults;
– June 24, 2021: Instrumental and laboratory diagnostics of neuromuscular diseases: the role of the general practitioner after diagnosis.
The association has given the patronage for the “Fourth day of the neuromuscular diseases” which took place on March 13, 2021 – simultaneously in online mode with various topics – in 16 different Italian cities, representative of Centers belonging to the Italian Association of Myology (www.giornatamalattieneuromuscolari.it)
Prof. Carmelo Rodolico
Due to pandemic, the 14th Meeting of the Mediterranean Society of Myology has been moved to the next year. Proposals to organize and host the event are welcome.
The 26th WMS congress will take place, as a virtual meeting between 20 and 24 September 2021. The 5-day congress week will be an opportunity to catch up on the latest developments in neuromuscular diseases from around the world. The Programme Committee has done a fantastic job to come up with an exciting scientific programme and they expect the quality of the submitted abstracts on all aspects of neuromuscular disease to be as outstanding as always. Controversial debates, oral lectures and e-poster presentations through the virtual platform and a range of stimulating industry symposia on a dedicated day are expected. The usual WMS 2021 Virtual Pre-Congress Teaching Course will be held on the neuromuscular field, so everyone who is interested is encouraged to register and participate. Abstract submission and registration are now open!
Early Bird Registration Deadline: 12th March 2021 (Midnight BST/GMT+1)
Abstract submission deadline: 9th April 2021 (Midnight BST/GMT+1)
To learn more, submit an abstract and register for the congress, please visit the congress website: https://www.wms2021.com